To encourage entrants of all abilities and ages to participate. This "closed" loop experience with generous cut off's has been carefully designed so that all who participate have the best opportunity for success. If one of these characteristics fit's you then you are a perfect candidate for entry:
- Have fun attitude.
- Wants to participate in a different kind of race.
- A hesitant first time ultra runner.
- Someone who, for what ever reason, struggles with cutoffs.
- Someone who want's to get "back into the game".
- Runners that want to gain experience running at night.
- Experienced ultra marathoners who want to see how quickly they can finish.
- Experienced road runners who are hesitant running on trails.
- If you're directionally or logistically challenged.
Those who don't have a fun attitude or cannot mentally handle the repetitive nature of a loop course are not a good fit here.
The three races will run a 5.2 mile loop within the Greenbrier State Park. The loop consists of left and right turns, up's, down's, and some flat areas. You'll run on 202 yards of grass and 147 yards of paved walkway and the rest is all trail. It's rocky (it's the east coast!) but not considered "technical". No steep climbs but there are some up's that course blistering non elite runners may want to walk.
100 Miles = 19 laps plus 1.2 miles before entering the "loop". Total 100 miles
50 miles = 9 loops plus a 3.2 miles prior to entering the "loop". Total 50 mile
50k = 6 loops. Total 31.2 miles
|Date||Distance||Total Finishers||Top Result||Top Result (F)|