Welcome to the inaugural running of the Poppleshoot Trail Races put on by “Big Slo Running”. We are excited to have you join us in Northern Wisconsin for a great day of running and comradery! This event has been established to raise money for foreign mission work in Haiti and local charities. Approximately 80% of net proceeds will be used to help provide clean and safe water through the installation of Biosand water filters in and around Pignon, Haiti. The remaining 20% of net proceeds will be donated to local charities that serve the local community. 
The races will be run over a variety of surfaces/terrain including; flat public ATV trail (Wild Rivers Trail), single lane ATV trails and county roads (paved and dirt). While there are some rolling hills, primarily when on the single lane ATV trails, total elevation gain and loss is minor resulting in a fairly easy and potentially fast course. 
This is a great event to test the results of your speed work training and is also a great tune-up for many of the summer marathons and ultra marathons. Due to the generous 12-hour finish cutoff and a fairly flat course, the 62k run is an excellent choice for your first ultra 

Upcoming Races

May 7 2022
62 KM
Single Loop Course
12 :00 Cutoff
2 Elevation Rating
Rolling, ~2500 feet in 50 miles
2 Surface Rating
Mostly groomed trail or dirt roads


62 KM View course top times

Date Finishers Top Result (M) Top Result (F)
05/08/21 41 4:56:38 4:50:47
05/09/20 Race Cancelled
05/11/19 17 5:44:36 5:57:05
We try to keep the most accurate information about this race, but changes do happen. Always visit the official race website for the most up to date information. If you see an error, please let us know

The Hungerford Trail Races

  • Sep 24, 2022
  • Big Rapids, MI
28.3 Miles 50 Miles